I’ll keep this short.
We had a suite at the Peppermill (the Villa Suite - very nice, very clean) and stayed over night. As locals we enjoy patronizing local business whenever possible.
That night we decided to try the Artichoke dip from Biscotti’s while we were enjoying a couple drinks at the bar. The dip came out and tasted OK however we did notice that the center of the dip was hotter than the outside (a sign that it was probably microwaved). We ate a decent amount of it and decided to walk around the casino and look at the rest of the resturaunt.
Within about 30 minutes we started to feel a ill and went back to our room. Within about 15 minutes of being in the room we both became incredibly sick and remained that way through most of the night.
We let the front desk know what had happened and they gave us a number to call about it (which turns out to be Security that handles food issues).
After several unanswered calls and messages we finally received a call back from a person that decided that we were trying to pull a fast-one on the Peppermill and that he sees this all the time.
Needless to say if you try Biscottis a the Peppermill, stay away from the dip and god forbid something makes you sick since security won’t take any responsibility. The Margherita pizza was pretty good though so I’d recommend that. Chances are what made us sick was that the dip most likely wasn’t kept at the proper temperature resulting in bacteria growth that made us ill.